Sunday, February 16, 2014

brothers.

I've always wanted a brother.

Ask my mom, and she will tell you that I begged her and my dad to adopt a younger brother for me. Well, you can probably tell that they never caved - I remained an only child. But as I reflect, I have come to the realization that God has provided me with many brothers throughout my life. I don't have biological brothers - and that's okay. 

My brothers are the Godly men who I am blessed to call friends. 
My brothers make me laugh (and roll my eyes) with their woman jokes. 
My brothers challenge me in my walk with God.
My brothers always have my back. 
My brothers give me relationship advice.
My brothers appreciate my love for fireworks. 
My brothers listen to my hopes.
My brothers give me car advice.
My brothers take the fish off the hook for me.
My brothers encourage me in my dreams. 

I am so thankful for my brothers. Honestly, it wasn't until recently that it hit me just how blessed I have been by having such Godly guy friends in my life. I'm beginning to recognize that not every girl has that. 

So, to all of my brothers -- I appreciate you! :) 








No comments:

Post a Comment