Thursday, September 10, 2015

i see your pain.

Dear friend,

I see the hurt and the heavy baggage of regret that you carry with you each day. I wish my words had the power to change your mind - that you would believe me when I told you that you are valued and you are loved. 

You've mastered the art of pretending to be okay. I know this because I'm good at that game, too. The walls you have built for protection hinder more than help, yet still they stand. I'll start climbing, but I can only climb so far. I am far from a perfect friend, but I hope I can help you understand Christ's love for you. I pray that you'll find healing.

When you feel unwanted, know that Christ is fighting for you. And I'm fighting for you, too.

Stop running, friend. Be still for a moment, take a breath and answer the question "How are you?" with unwavering truth and vulnerability. All those feelings you have hidden behind that wall - feel them. 

And when you're feeling overwhelmed, know that it's okay to ask for help. 

If you take away one thing from this today, please know this:

I see your pain, I hear your story and I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment