Thursday, January 19, 2012

7 days later...

It has been 7 days since I indefinitely deactivated my Facebook, and I couldn't be more at peace about taking a break from the numerous status updates, engagement announcements, relationship changes, notifications, event invites, etc.

As sad as it may seem, I find myself sitting in my room at times when I would normally be on Facebook and wondering what in the world I should do with all of my extra time.

A few things I am doing:
  • Devotions (I am determined to do this whole One Year Bible thing)
  • Focusing more on intentionality in my friendships
  • Homework (Say whaaaatttt?!?! Yep, you heard me right)
  • Keeping up-to-date on current events
  • Training for a 5k
  • Embracing the opportunities found in each and every day

The first few Facebook-less days were quite a challenge for me. I found myself opening my computer and immediately typing "www.facebook.com" It was ridiculous and somewhat disgusting how I was in a sort of auto-pilot--automatically going to Facebook before doing anything else on my computer. I never fully realized how much my life revolved around that online social network until now.

*raises invisible glass*
So here's to living my life outside of Facebook.



No comments:

Post a Comment