Saturday, November 26, 2011

maps, mountains, and motels.

The perfect way to start the day:

Today was an adventure to say the least. We drove through the Blue Ridge Parkway, which goes through the Smoky Moutains--legit. Lindsey and I couldn't help but laugh at my mom's ridiculous fear of walking anywhere near the lookout views. She's funny.


I touched the clouds. So cool.

The only bad thing is that driving through the mountains took a little longer than we anticipated...the fear that we were going to die in the mountains and no one would find us for weeks ran through my mind a couple of times :P We got super lost, but we were FINALLY able to find our way to a little town in which we found a place to stay the night. It's kinda janky, but it doesn't have cockroaches and it has a bed--that's all that matters :P

Tomorrow we awake at 6am to tackle the rest of our journey home.

Oh, and I saw the ocean for the first time yesterday. (Well, I actually saw it when I was like 3, but I don't remember it, so it doesn't count:P ) I was SO pumped!


No comments:

Post a Comment