Thursday, November 24, 2011

road trip.

700 miles. 5 states. 1 day.

States covered: Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee, and North Carolina

I love adventures such as these. It's even better because I convinced my mom to let my "sister," Lindsey, come with us :) The only bummer is that we are on a strict time constraint because of the fact that I must return to school on Monday. Although...dropping out may be an option?? Kidding, kidding. I do wish that we had more time to enjoy the trip a little more, but such is life.

We are calling it a day and staying in a motel that has a...unique smell :P Funny story: As we were turning off the lights, my mom informed us that you are supposed to keep a light on when you stay in a motel. When I asked her why, she responded by saying that is was a precautionary measure--should there be a fire, we would be able to find our way out. Lindsey and I immediately burst out laughing because of the fact that it is HIGHLY unlikely that we would become so disoriented in a fire that we couldn't find our way out of a 20 foot by 10 foot room. My mom is silly.

Well, we are getting up at the crack of dawn to tackle the last 300 miles of the trip so I should go to bed.

Oh, the one good thing about the motel we are staying in: there is a Starbucks RIGHT next to it. Definitely hitting that up in the morning :)

Over and out.


No comments:

Post a Comment