Thursday, November 10, 2011

procrastination.

This is what my week has looked like:


I should be working on my Social Policy project that is due tomorrow, yet here I am--sitting in the piazza avoiding my homework like it's the plague. My procrastination on this project will inevitably result in me locking myself in either my room or the library and getting very little sleep tonight, but such is the life of a college student :P Just about everyone on campus is feeling the end-of-semester-craziness.

As of recently, I have found that my mind has often been wandering to thoughts of the future. I am still in denial towards the fact that I am almost done with my first semester of my junior year. I only have 3 more semesters here at IWU--crazy! I am having to constantly remind myself to not be so focused on the future that I neglect to recognize the joys of today. It's becoming increasingly more easy to try to plan out next semester, next summer, next year. Next, next, next. Who knows? Sigh.

Some of the questions racing around my head:
Should I apply to be a RA for next year?
Should I apply to be an ARD?
Should I live in North again?
Should I go to grad. school right after I graduate?
How am I going to pay for next semester?
Where should I get the rest of my volunteer hours?
Will I have enough time to get the rest of my volunteer hours?
What should I do this summer?
Am I going to find a job?
Am I leaving any room for God in the midst of all of this?

No comments:

Post a Comment