Monday, September 19, 2011

puddle jumping.

When my alarm clock went off at 7:30 this morning, I was less than pleased. In fact, I hit snooze, turned over, and pulled the covers over my head. I always have this silly thought that if I just bury myself beneath my covers my alarm will conveniently forget about me. I was thoroughly disappointed ten minutes later when I discovered this wasn't so.

Barely coherent, I rolled out of bed and got ready for class. I struggled through my first two classes. Trying to comprehend statistics was an even bigger struggle. By the time that I figured out what I was doing, class was over. I needed coffee bad. Real bad.

Mondays are always dreaded, right? I mean, no one likes to admit the fact that the weekend is over and they must now face whatever responsibilities that may lie ahead. Today quickly became a "blah" day for me. I even had a few friends ask me if it was "that time of month." I laughed it off, and said no. Honestly, I didn't know why...scratch that, I didn't even know WHAT I was feeling. I just knew that I didn't want to go to class.

Then it began to rain. Lots.

As I ran from my class in the Rec to Elder, I couldn't help but smile. I was so unprepared for the rain, let alone a downpour. Everyone was huddled under umbrellas...except for me. I was soaked.

Sitting through the next hour of class with soaking wet jeans, socks, shoes, and hair wasn't the greatest, but I couldn't stop smiling. I felt like a little kid, anxious to go puddle jumping after school. At the end of the class period, my professor handed out a quiz. I zoomed through it as fast as I could. I would periodically look out the window, making sure that it was still raining. As soon as I finished the quiz, I ran down the three flights of stairs, took off my shoes and socks, and jumped in every puddle between Elder and North Hall. Sure, I got a few strange looks, but it was so much fun! I even took the long way back :)

Moral of the story: "Life is full of beauty. Notice it." [Ashley Smith]

No comments:

Post a Comment