Monday, September 5, 2011

What Brought Me Here

Today, I am choosing to be thankful for:

The days that I felt invisible...
The nights that I cried myself to sleep...
The friendships that I have lost...
The prayers that remain unanswered...
The opportunities that I have missed...
The promises that have been broken...
The expectations that were not met...
The mistakes that have been made...
The dreams that have been shattered...

...for each of these has brought me to where I am today.

Here I sit, the night before my first day of classes as a junior in college, praising God for His constant faithfulness. If you were to tell me five years ago, scratch that, if you were to tell me ONE year ago that I would be where I am today, I would have laughed it off. Yet here I am.

God is good. (Don't let the popularity of this statement diminish the Truth of this statement.)

No comments:

Post a Comment