Thursday, September 22, 2011

pursued.

What girl doesn't want to be pursued?

We grow up hearing bedtime stories and watching movies about various Prince Charmings who chase after and rescue their Princesses, most even risking their own well-being for the one they love. As we get older, we watch movies like the Notebook or [insert title of Matthew McConaughey movie here]--only hoping that we will someday have our own fairy tale love story. We all long for our Prince Charming to come along and sweep us off our feet...

But what if we are so focused on finding our "true love" that we are completely blind toward the One who has been pursuing us all along?

God loves you. I know, you've heard it a million and a half times, but have you ever truly absorbed the meaning of that statement? Seriously...it's pretty crazy. The One who hung the sun, moon and stars in place loves us. Sayy whaaattttt?!?!

I have grown up in the Church and have gone to a Christian school for the majority of my life, yet I still have stop and remind myself that God loves me and desires an intimate relationship with me. Even more than that, because of His love for me, He took all of my sin--past and future--upon Himself and drank the wrath that I deserved. He was willing to do whatever it cost to restore my relationship with Him. Talk about a beautiful love story!

Unfortunately, it is so easy to let the noise of this world muffle out the love song our Creator has been singing to us our whole life. This semester I am challenging myself to hear and respond to His love song. This may mean that I give up some time normally spent on Facebook, or I may choose to go on a walk with God instead of with a friend. Who knows...but I double dog dare you to join me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment